Life Care Center
Outpatient Substance Abuse Clinic
Louisiana Health and Rehab Center (LHRC)–Life Care Center offers Adult and Adolescent Intense Outpatient (IOP) and Outpatient (OP) programs that provide rehabilitative services to people with substance use disorder as well as those with co-occurring disorders. LHRC additionally offers children’s prevention and Children of Alcoholics (COA) programs. The person-centered treatment modalities at LHRC-Life Care Center holistically address clients’ needs through the provision of Outpatient substance abuse treatment, life skills, and case management services. These are all designed to promote the behavioral modifications necessary for an emotionally, physically, and spiritually healthy and safe alcohol and drug free lifestyle.
LHRC views substance use disorder as a destructive primary, progressive, and fatal disease. While there is no cure for substance use disorder, we believe that recovery and flourishing lives are possible through trauma-informed systems of care and the time-tested 12-Step Recovery Program on which LHRC–Life Care Center treatment is based. Our foundational belief is that every individual has value and can reach their God-given potential.
Admission to LHRC–Life Care Center is without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Clients are admitted to LHRC–Life Care Center by referral from detoxification facilities, inpatient facilities, residential facilities, adult and juvenile criminal justice systems, lawyers, probation and parole officers, re-entry programs, and the Department of Children and Family Services, etc. A pre-admission screening is done to determine if eligibility criteria are met and the guidelines for denial are not reflective of the applicant.
- Assist client in remaining alcohol and drug free
- Assist clients in gaining access to necessary and available services
- Assist in monitoring clients behavioral modification progress
- Assist clients in maintaining an appropriately independent lifestyle
- Assist clients in maintaining an age-appropriate, productive, and safe lifestyle
- Assist clients in acquiring 12-Step Recovery Program fundamentals
- Assist clients in regaining dignity and possessing a feeling of self worth
- Educate clients on the disease concept of alcoholism and drug addiction
- Prevent institutional recidivism
- Assist families in drug education and support systems
Adults must be 21 years old or older.
Adolescents must be 13-20 years old.
Children must be 5-12 year old.
Must have a primary diagnosis of Substance Use Disorder.
Applicants must commit to actively participate in treatment goals as specified by the Treatment Plan.
Substance Use Group Sessions
Substance Use Individual Sessions
Psycho-Social Education Groups
Relapse Prevention Groups
Life Skills Training
METHOD OF PAYMENT
Sliding Fee Scale
LIFE CARE CENTER CONTACTS
4255 East Brookstown Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70805
tel | 225.927.0770
fax | 225.927.0771
Edie Mitchell, BS, CAC
Shawne Langston, MA, LPC, LAC, CCS
tel | 225.231.2490
fax | 225.231.2775
HOURS OF OPERATION
8:30 AM–7:00 PM
8:30 AM–5:00 PM